Our bodies are complex units. Everything is interlinked and your body demands harmony from all of its organs.
A number of internal and external factors can upset our organs and digestive system as a whole – here are the top 10 factors to try and control/reduce exposure to:
- sugar – it is heating, sticky and toxic to the body in big doses
- lack of sleep – your body needs adequate rest to rejuvenate all organs so they can perform their intended roles
- over-eating – this can send your body into shutdown mode and put excess stress on your organs
- alcohol – both poisonous and toxic to the body, too much alcohol damages the body internally which is evident externally
- cold food and drinks – can create stagnation in the digestive system, slowing down the digestive process considerably
- emotions – anger/upset/frustration – all will affect one or more of your organs. Try and control what you can and let go of what you can’t
- processed foods – they contain foreign properties that are literally indigestible by the human body
- pandadol/nuerofen – contain chemicals that will alleviate pains and complaints temporarily, yet will leave a trail of destruction. Try natural remedies instead
- anti-biotics – whilst they kill bacteria and bugs – they also kill your insides! Follow up a round of anti-biotics with some gut nourishing foods
- Over-exercise – will deplete your Qi and deplete your digestive strength. Exercise is fantastic in decent doses – not extremes. Are there issues in your life that you are avoiding and using exercise as a distraction from?
Take the time to get to know your body and figure out what works for YOU!